Ag in the Classroom
Ag in the Classroom Coordinator
The Piatt and DeWitt County Farm Bureaus are actively searching to fill its Ag in the Classroom (AITC) Coordinator position. This position is a 10-month contract up to 30 hours a week and does require some night and weekend hours.
- Schedule and conduct education programs on agriculture literacy in the schools in Piatt & DeWitt Counties. This includes working with teachers and providing lesson plans, resources, and presentations to classrooms and teachers.
- Develop rapport with teachers, staff, and superintendents through communication and visits. Develop a relationship with donors and volunteers.
- Provide training opportunities for teachers and school faculty.
- Increase the visibility of the Piatt/DeWitt County Farm Bureau Ag in the Classroom program in the county and promote agriculture and the county Farm Bureau.
- Organize and record meetings of the PCFB/DCFB Ag in the Classroom Coalition.
- Regularly report on programs to the Farm Bureau Manager, Advisory Board, Illinois Farm Bureau home office, local newspapers, and social media.
- Participate in district and state Ag Literacy Coordinator meetings.
- Prepare and submit the annual Illinois Agriculture in the Classroom grant report and application, including a budget for ag literacy programming.
- Produce and execute the AITC Ag Expo, Coloring Contest, and other opportunities as directed by Manager.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of our resource library of books, kits, lessons, Ag Mags, and other miscellaneous resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Qualifications of this position includes:
- Interest or knowledge of agriculture
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong public speaking abilities
- Some post-secondary education preferred
- Classroom experience preferred
Physical requirements include:
- Driver’s License
- Transportation and lifting of teaching materials
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to Baley Milton, . Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Inquiries about the position may be made to Baley Milton, Manager, Piatt County Farm Bureau at 217-762-2128 or .